Dytech Auto Group is an automotive repair/service management company with locations in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin. We love what we do and you will too! Visit www.dytechautogroup.com for more information.
Today, the Dytech Auto Group story, once told through a single leader with passion, is now told through the success of our partners, the testimonials of shop owners, and its group of thriving shops.
We have an amazing, full-time opening for a District Manager in the Central IN area:
The District Manager is responsible for the successful operations of up to at least 10 shop locations. Responsibilities driving the company culture through his/her actions, which include the workforce planning, hiring, training, counseling, developing of shop managers, service advisors & automotive technicians while retaining employees to ensure the district financial obligations are achieved. The District Manager sets accountability and expectations for employees on the company culture, standards, policies and procedures, and develops an environment which is conducive to accomplishing both the company and employee personal goals.
- Develop Shop Managers & Service Advisors to become culture enhancement leaders who produce a consistent 5-star customer experience
- Ensure assigned locations are staffed in accordance with company workforce planning standards that ensure staffing matches demand
- Ensure PTO is managed to ensure staffing needs are met in peak days/weeks/holiday weeks
- Responsible for hiring, training, and developing of all shop leadership and minimizing turnover
- Train, develop and lead Shop Managers and Service Advisors on shop operations, sales, product knowledge, and service techniques
- Manage budget and capital expenses to exceed obligations
- Manage budget to maximize profit potential of the district; develop recovery plans to address shortcomings as needed
- Conduct shop visit cadence (every shop at least once every 2 week cycle) which includes tracking action items and communicating follow-up expectations to the Shop Manager
- It is expected that approximately 80% of your time is spent in shops with the assigned Shop Manager & shop team to maximize results. The remaining 20% is for administrative duties.
- Effectively manager the Vendor/Supplier relationship where you are the point person & approve any & all programs that roll into stores. It is Dytech’s request that we keep Vendor/Supplier personnel out of the shops so to minimize disruptions.
- Assure all required documents/processing/reporting, company policies, safety, regulations, and standards are met throughout the district
- Train, monitor, and ensure company safety and security standards are enforced to provide a work-safe environment
- Communicate effectively and professionally with the Shop Support team to include Senior Management, Accounting, Payroll, Human Resources, and other departments as required
- Maintain knowledge of local market competitors, automotive industry, and new developments
- Manage district inventory within company established standards and policies
- Complete all required training with the guidelines and timing provided
- Perform other duties as assigned
The District Manager has leadership responsibility for the entire operations of up to 10 shops within the assigned district, with direct supervisory responsibilities for Shop Managers. This position operates under the general direction of the Regional Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Completed degree in Business or automotive industry a plus) and a minimum of 5 years’ management experience.
- ASE certification strongly preferred
- Prior management in a multi-unit environment strongly preferred
- Automotive &/or tire-related business preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
- Self-aware, servant leader with proven experience managing a team of 7 or more employees where responsibilities included interviewing, hiring, training, counseling and termination of employees.
- Previous experience with performance management including coaching, setting expectations, writing and delivering performance reviews, managing disciplinary actions, conducting investigations, and holding employees accountable for results
- Strong motivator and role model to teams with the ability to proactively diagnose problems and provide effective solutions; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situation
- Proven practitioner in sales with the ability to train others in successful sales techniques and strategies
- Clear communicator of ideas, concepts, and initiatives including the ability to connect disparate data points into one message
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate business and financial documents regularly
- Ability to interpret and calculate figures such as financial reports, discounts, interest, and percentages; ability to apply concepts of basic math
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to communication and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications with the ability to learn new and existing company specific software applications
- Demonstrated experience managing a P&L and familiarity with key line-item management to impact results
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Bonus Pay