The Regional Manager is responsible for the entire operation of all shops within the assigned region including planning, executing, and leading, coaching, and counseling of all District Managers to attain the region's financial obligations. This position is also responsible for maintaining company standards and for developing and supporting an environment conducive to accomplishing company and human resource obligations. The Regional Manager drives operational & sales enhancements through the sharing of best practices, business process execution and shop accountability to performance obligations.
The Regional Manager has leadership responsibility for the entire operations of all shops within the assigned area, with direct supervisory responsibilities for District Managers & any Operations support employee(s). This position operates under the general direction of the Chief Operating Officer.
- Develop District Managers to become culture enhancement leaders who produce high performance shops and teams that provide a consistent 5-star Guest experience
- Drive results through the guidance and leadership to District Managers to achieve or exceed performance obligations
- Scale best practices across region once proven scalability is a high level of feasibility
Monitor and measure execution of key business processes and develop action plans when performance obligations are not being achieved
- Lead the District Managers by ongoing shop visits, verbal communications, timely feedback, positive reinforcement, establishing obligations, creating development and career plans, and continuously stretching performance
- Ensure District Managers are focused on the priorities of the business and are recruiting, hiring, training, and mentoring their teams within each shop to maximize results
- Provide sales leadership to ensure all selling standards and expectations are being met
- Hold District Managers accountable for meeting performance targets, obligations, and safety and operational compliance
- Execute recruitment and training strategies to ensure the process is in place to attract and maintain operational talent, and service centers are staffed for maximum efficiency
- Ensure payroll controls are being managed and utilized to control costs and maximize profitability
- Ensure shop team are continually aware of how to maximize their earnings potential by consistently focusing the team on the obligations, strategy, and vision by translating and communicating organizational values and obligations
- Act as a liaison between leadership and functional departments within organization such as Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Marketing, etc.
- Ensure shops are providing exceptional customer service and respect
- Deliver region business results by coaching, counseling, and performance within our culture & values and assisting shop managers to do the same; plan, monitor and appraise job results; implement and enforce systems, policies, and procedures
- Maintain an in-depth and complete knowledge of competitor activity within the area and the automotive industry
- Conduct shop visit cadence (at a minimum, every district at least once every 3 weeks & every shop once every 4 months) which includes tracking action items and communicating follow-up expectations to the District Manager
- It is expected that approximately 80% of your time is spent in shops with the assigned district Manager present to maximize results. The remaining 20% is for administrative duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Completed degree in Business, Finance or related field with a minimum of 7 years of successful progressive management experience, directing multiple District Managers and geographically dispersed teams in a region with revenue of $60+M, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have at least 3 years managing multiple shops/stores & direct reports who also manager multiple shops/stores.
- Automotive service or aftermarket industry experience strongly preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven experience driving sales and motivating district and shop personnel to achieve/exceed financial obligations
- Self-aware, servant leader with demonstrated ability in building high performance teams that have a history of achieving operational obligations
- Proven experience with talent management including interviewing, hiring, training, counseling and termination of employees
- Demonstrated expertise in performance management including coaching, setting expectations, writing and delivering performance reviews, managing disciplinary actions, conducting investigations, and holding employees accountable for results
- Strong understanding of Profit and Loss Statements, financial report analytics and ability to translate them into actions
- Customer focus with ability to drive, train, and mentor teams to deliver exceptional service
- Strong organization skills managing a variety of functional areas
- Analytic and strategic thinking ability with aptitude to develop action plans utilizing data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills across multiple platforms and audience
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to communication and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications with the ability to learn new and existing company specific software applications
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- This job operates in an office environment with exposure to an automotive retail store environment. The job will have exposure to a moderate noise level, adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines.
- Must possess a current valid driver's license and have a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
- Ability to work flexible hours/days including evenings and in some occasions, Saturdays
- Ability to work with hands overhead, stand for long periods, and lift 50 lbs.; Occasional reaching, bending, twisting, pulling, and pushing.
- Ability for overnight travel up to 35% within the assigned region.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Bonus Pay
Apply Today on Indeed: