Kozak's Mr. Muffler is now a Dytech Auto Group company! Dytech Auto Group is growing rapidly with locations in West Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin. We've been in business since 1984 and love what we do! Visit www.dytechautogroup.com for more information.
Today, the Dytech Auto Group story, once told through a single leader with passion, is now told through the success of their partners, the testimonials of shop owners, and its group of thriving shops.
The Service Manager role is critical to the overall success of the business. They are the keeper of the values, the maintainer of the standards, and the leader whom everyone in the shop follows. The person who fills this role will not only lead and manage all aspects of the shop, but they will also sell repairs to clients as needed to help the shop reach its sales goals.
- Manage Employees: Be the leader of the shop staff and help them to meet the objectives & sales targets set forth by the Company. Enforce and maintain the Company's values, policies, and systems. Approve timecards, maintain work schedules, and administer the employment practices of the company in partnership with the administrative office and owner. Provide coaching to employees who aren’t meeting standards or expectations. Counsel/mentor shop employees for success. Complete performance reviews on-time.
- Manage Shop Workflow: While maintaining quality standards, maintain a balanced/efficient workflow using the company's systems such as the “workflow-board”, shop management software, and internal best practices. Manage tech workloads by monitoring and dispatching work in order to achieve the best possible results.
- Hires, onboards, and trains and/or arranges proper training of new shop staff
- Interviews and makes hiring recommendations
- Works with Human Resources Manager on employee termination recommendations.
- Inventory management
- Warranty and vendor credit administration
- Daily cash reconciliation and deposit
- Route and approve vendor invoices for payment
- Sales: Sell repairs and service to clients using company guidelines and best practices.
- Manage Costs: Ensure that costs are kept under control by staff in all areas of the shop and find ways to reduce cost while maintaining the customer service and quality standards of the company.
- Customer Service: Handle all customer service complaints, negative online feedback, and other customer service issues. This may include confronting and assisting frustrated customers. Prevent customer service issues whenever possible by monitoring/ensuring that all the verbal and written commitments/contracts made by staff are being honored. Handle customer rebates and perform customer follow-up. Provide coaching to staff regarding how to give better customer service based on observations made and/or from feedback from clients.
- Recommends shop equipment purchases
- Maintains shop safety by performing safety audits, training staff on shop safety, investigating injuries, and coaching employees.
- Other tasks: Allow no job to be too small or beneath oneself. Fill in on tasks as needed to maintain the flow of the shop. Examples could be running a shuttle, selling tickets, checking out customers, cleaning the bathroom, picking up a part, or any other task that can be safely completed which is needed.
- Any other task as assigned by Company or direct supervisor
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Management Experience: Must have at least 2 years’ experience in any management or supervisory position.
- Sales Experience: Must have at least 1 year experience in any sales role or demonstrate an ability to sell.
- Organizational & Focus Skills: Must be able to work and complete work tasks in a timely fashion in an environment that has constant distractions and interruptions.
- Computer Knowledge & Ability: Must possess a working knowledge of how to use a Windows computer. Communication Skills: Must be able to communicate in English fluently, both in verbal and in written form.
- Math Skills: Must possess ability to count. Must know how to perform basic math functions using a calculator.
We enjoy working but we also like our time off too. Our shops are open Monday-Friday. No weekend work! We offer:
- Great pay plan with generous bonus
- Paid Personal Time Off Plan (PTO)
- 401k with generous Company match
- Multiple health, prescription, dental, and vision plans
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Continuing education/training opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- Most importantly, we treat our people like family!